There is a huge untapped source just waiting for you to raise big bucks. And it might not be the usual suspects. We’ll dispel the Willie Sutton Philosophy of Fundraising. In this six-lesson course you will learn:
- How to build relationships with business leaders
- How to present your case to businesses
- How to cultivate business leaders
- How to run a volunteer-driven annual business appeal
- And more
Summary of Lessons:
- Lesson One: Why Raise Money from Businesses and What Kind of Businesses are Out There—is it worth it?
- Lesson Two: Researching Businesses—finding the businesses that are likely to support your nonprofit.
- Lesson Three: Presenting Your Case to Businesses—how to develop a case that shows your economic impact and social impact on the community.
- Lesson Four: Cultivating Business Leaders—where are they, what are they looking for, how do you get them involved in your nonprofit?
- Lesson Five: The Annual Business Appeal—how to run an annual appeal led by volunteers from the business world to raise significant, unrestricted money from businesses.
- Lesson Six: Recap and Next Steps—analyze your results and build on your first year’s success to even greater accomplishments.
The recommended materials for this course are:
I've always loved to write and teach. I am proud to say I am an accomplished (and more importantly, published) author, having had twenty-five books published.
I am one of slightly more than 100 professionals worldwide to hold the Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive designation. In my thirty years as a philanthropic consultant, I have managed capital campaigns, helped hundreds of nonprofit organizations achieve their development goals, and trained more than 40,000 development professionals in Canada, Mexico, Egypt, Bermuda, and most of the fifty states in the US, in addition to leading hundreds of virtual training programs with a world-wide audience.
I am especially proud of my affordable and comprehensive Linda Lysakowski's Nonprofit Courses, which I am adding to all the time!
I am a graduate of Alvernia University and a Master Teacher graduating from AFP’s Faculty Training Academy.
StartRaise More Money from Your Business Community Lesson 1 (63:33)
StartRaise More Money from Your Business Community Lesson 2 (62:38)
StartRaise More Money from Your Business Community Lesson 3 (43:10)
StartRaise More Money from Your Business Community Lesson 4 (61:08)
StartRaise More Money from Your Business Community Lesson 5 (71:06)
StartRaise More Money from Your Business Community Lesson 6 (56:57)